Discover how I created my album 'Freedom', and how you can do the same.
With step-by-step walkthroughs, music theory/lyrics/orchestration breakdowns, and much more, you'll learn exactly what I went through when putting this project together, and take a deep dive into the story and music of each song.
Putting together an album is a BIG task.
As musicians, creating music we love is something that gives us fulfilment and purpose. From the initial idea to a polished final master, creating one song can take a lot of effort and commitment, as I'm sure you know.
Now take that, and expand that over 8-12 songs. It can definitely be a challenge, and it may not be for every musician. From setting up your home studio, to countless recording hours, precise edits in multiple takes, mixing & mastering, and finally release, it's a project that requires a lot of attention and care.
So why do we create albums in the first place?
'Freedom' is my debut album that combines my lifelong influences with fresh musical & lyrical ideas.
- What was the full process like?
- How did you choose which chords to use?
- Do your melodies or chords come first?
- How do you write in various styles?
- What's your process for writing effective lyrics?
- How did you plan out the album, and what costs did you have in creating it?
These are all wonderful questions, and I'd like to share my exact process with you.
"If you ever wanted to write songs in the style of Disney animated films, this class is for you. Chris does a through job of giving historic, melodic, harmonic, orchestration and structural perspectives that build the classic Disney framework.
Using some of the most popular Disney songs, Chris gives concrete examples on how these songs create the emotional underpinning that enhances the animation. Additionally, he applies these principles as he walks you through his own Disney influenced composition.
Highly recommended for composers at all levels!"
- Wayne (student)
Inside the course, we'll discuss:
The Entire Album Making Process
Whaat goes into planning an album? What kind of costs and considerations do you have to think about when it comes to putting a body of work together? You'll learn exactly what I went through to make 'Freedom' the best it could be.
My Lyric Writing Framework
Powerful songs are all about telling powerful stories. Not only will we cover rhyme schemes and patterns, but we'll explore deeper messages and how I come up with fresh lyrical ideas.
Music Theory Breakdowns
One of the most frequently asked questions I received was: "How did you come up with your chord choices? What makes music sound emotional?" Not to worry, we'll dive into this as well.
Orchestration & Arrangement
Not only do we need to come up with musical ideas, but we also need to bring those ideas to life through production and virtual instruments. I'll take you behind the scenes of every single song's arrangement, so you'll see my decision making process when it comes to deciding which instruments to use, and why I use them.
FREEDOM: Behind the Album is organized into 3 main sections!
Section 1 – The Overall Process
- How 'Freedom' came to be - initial ideas
- My main influences, including pop, rock, and musical theatre
- How I recorded my vocals (in my bedroom!)
- A look into the theming and message behind each song, and how I chose the track listing
Section 2 – Lyrics and Music Theory
- The 7-step method I follow for creating a strong lyrical message in each song
- Traditional rhyming schemes used to create powerful lyrics
- My favourite modulation techniques for emotional transitions
- How I draw from personal experience and stay authentic to myself
Section 3 – Arrangement & Orchestration
- How I use the string section as the foundation in many of my songs
- My favourite way of using woodwinds as an added texture for additional expression
- How I layer different samples for a beefier sound, especially in the poppier numbers
- How I use the instrumentation to support the lyrics and message of each song
- Brett Epstein (ESPN, CBS, TNT, FOX SPORTS, CAPITOL RECORDS)
So how much does this course cost?
Just click the button below to get started!
Don't forget...it's 100% risk free.
I’ve packed a lot into this course because not only do I want you to create the music that I know you can make, but I want to guarantee that you don’t fail.
And to make it a no-brainer deal for you I’m giving you a 60 day 100% money-back guarantee with your purchase today.
That’s right: Go through the course, follow the steps, put in the work, and if you don’t love it in the first 60 days of your purchase, send me an email and I’ll refund you immediately. No questions asked, no hard feelings.
If FREEDOM: BEHIND THE ALBUM doesn’t work for you, I’d much prefer for you to take your money and invest it where you will be happier and get results.
Also, if you join today, you'll receive 2 incredible bonuses:
Bonus 1 - A Private 60 Minute 1-on-1 Piano Lesson with Me
- How you're feeling your progress is going, and where you may be feeling stuck and need some additional feedback
- How to bring out the expression and musicality in your performances
- Personalized repertoire to keep you engaged and playing music you enjoy
- And much more!
Bonus 2 - Advanced Tips for Higher Level Playing
- How to perform and perfect large leaps around the piano
- My method for quick trills and repeated notes
- How to develop a consistent weight and control across the keyboard
- Why relaxation is the key to performing effortlessly
Some common questions:
Will I have lifetime access to the course?
“Chris applies his in-depth, engaging approach from Cinematic Music Creation to Disney-style music with fantastic results.
He walks you through examples of actual Disney songs and shows where and how specific techniques produce that 'Disney sound'. But my favourite part is where he takes you step-by-step through creating an original Disney-style song from scratch, applying all the techniques he taught from chord progression sketch to final mix.
His energetic, positive, and encouraging delivery made it easy to stay engaged. At the end, you will not only have all the tools you need to create music with that distinctive magical flavor, but also a stronger foundation in musical theory.
If you want to unlock the Disney/Pixar sound, this is the best and most comprehensive course yet at an unbeatable price.
I still have a lot of content to go through, having just scratched the surface, but I look forward to every minute!”
- Mathew Kong (composer, songwriter)
See what some of our students had to say:
There are 2 types of people.
Some composers remain frustrated with their workflow. They can't get their ideas out onto the piano, and have trouble playing what they hear in an efficient manner.
Others play with ease, keep their inspiration flowing, and are simply able to get their work done in less time with better results.
Which is more appealing to you?
It can really start to weigh on us when we feel overwhelmed by the daunting task fo learning a new instrument, and all the technique that comes with it.
But it absolutely doesn’t have to be this way!
If you truly understand how to play the piano by understanding the fundamentals first, then putting them into practice consistently, you will become a better pianist and composer. Guaranteed.